- Friday May 3rd – Sunday May 5th, 2019
- Chicago Marriott Schaumburg 50 N. Martingale Rd. Schaumburg, IL. 60173
- Join us on the weekend of May 3rd -5th at the 2019 District 30 Spring Conference for a full jammed packed weekend of events.
Stay the night on Friday and/or Saturday and wake up refreshed and ready for an eventful day, newly remodeled rooms are available for just $89 with the D30 room rate with reservations made by 4/19/19. Click to Book your Hotel Room
Events at The Spring Conference 2019
- Achiever’s Brunch ( By Invitation only) (November 1st, 2018 – March 31st, 2019) Achievement Period
- Many Elective Educational Sessions
- 2018-2019 Club Incentive Earners
- Spring 2019 Club Anniversary Recognition
- Triple Crown Recognition
- Keynote Presenter – Jim Key, DTM 2003 World Champion of Public Speaking
- Vendor Showcase and Silent Auction/Raffle
- Virtual Banner Parade
- 2018 Five Star Award Recognition
- Spring Super 7 Award Recognition
- DTM Ceremony
- District Table Topics Contest
- District Evaluation Contest
- District International Speech Contest
- Spring Business Meeting
- C&L Award Recipient Recognition.
- And More…
- Click to Register through Eventbrite – All Attendees will need to register
- Click to Purchase all meals
- Click to Book Hotel Room
- Click to View the Spring Conference Agenda
- Click to Register as a Vendor/Exhibitor
- Click to Volunteer at the Spring Conference
- For Questions Click Here
Keynote Presenter – Jim Key
Keynote Presentations being conducted by 2003 World Champion of Public Speaking Jim Key
He wholeheartedly believes in the learn-by-doing meeting format and Toastmasters’ educational program. Jim also believes that Toastmasters speech contests are a great way to rapidly improve your speaking skills.
On August 23, 2003, Jim Key became the 2003 World Champion of Public Speaking at the Toastmasters International Convention in Atlanta, Georgia.
His speech, “Never Too Late,” described how it’s never too late to follow our dreams, regardless of the difficulty, heartache and disappointment we face in life. He spoke from experience: this was Key’s third attempt at winning the World Championship. He’s been one of the nine finalists for the last three years, coming in second in 2001 and 2002.
Jim Key comes from a background in computer technology, sports, music, leadership, and public speaking. After entering the world of Information Technologies in 1987, Jim developed an IT consulting practice, working with leaders and managers from national non-profit organizations, manufacturing companies, and service companies across the United States. Additionally, he has volunteered for many years in his community and church, working with children and teenagers in various capacities for 20+ years.
Jim’s volunteerism and information technologies background converged in 1996, as he brought much needed automation to a national youth development program. His efforts led to an invited position of serving 6 years on the national steering committee for this youth program, and to a cutting edge computerized solution that is still in use today. Additionally, participation in the program more than quadrupled during those 6 years of Jim’s influence and involvement.
Simply put, Jim is a difference maker. He believes in pursuing excellence unapologetically, and without reservation. This passion for excellence enabled and drove him to become an award-winning speaker. Reaching the finals of the World Championships of Public Speaking an unprecedented three consecutive times, Jim set an unparalleled mark for continued presentation excellence on his way to becoming the 2003 World Champion of Public Speaking. He has subsequently delivered keynote addresses and workshops around the United States and in several other countries. Jim currently serves as an adjunct professor of communications at West Coast Bible College and Seminary.
Though Jim speaks to a variety of audiences, he always speaks from his heart directly to the hearts of the audience members. His presentations include examples to which everyone can relate, as he blends everyday humor with messages of gravitas to produce programs that yield results. You can expect his uplifting message to inspire your people to higher levels of achievement in your organization.
On a personal note, Jim is a devoted husband and father. He has three children: Jay (32), Michael (28), and Veronica (21). He has been very active in coaching soccer, baseball, and basketball with kids in the YMCA sports program.
We are very honored to have Jim Key attending the District 30 Spring Conference and we look forward to the wisdom and inspiration he will be able to provide our members during his 4 presentation sessions throughout the weekend.